Sunday, May 21, 2017

If the Stranger can Cook: 台湾肉燥饭 Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice Bowl

Let me clarify that this is not a recipe post.

I cooked Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice Bowl for the first time just now because I managed to get my hands on some beautiful organic pork from Raitong Organic Farm via Sloane's Bangkok and decided to present this dish as a photo journal, sharing some tips along the way with some the pictures I took with my new camera.



Let me first say that this is a pretty simple dish, but to make it great requires some good pork and a few more steps that make it less straightforward.

Tip 1: Fried shallots, use as much as you feel comfortable with. This is the ultimate X-factor to the dish.

Tip 2: Blanch the pork first to rid it of its impurities and possible bad smell

Tip 3: No need to dice. Simply cut into strips and they will disintegrate during the braising process.

Tip 4: Add the shallots BEFORE the braising process, you wouldn't even know they exist after that.

You could add eggs in, and eat over some steaming hot rice!

That's it! Excellent ingredients, a lot of love and some clever tips later, you have a dish that you can never get enough of.

If you are still interested in a more detailed recipe, here's where I got my inspiration from:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever comments you have, please feel free to write them here! I appreciate receiving feedback of your feelings after reading my blog and I promise I will respond to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...